This is a particularly tasty curry that works well with that lamb that I processed a week or two ago. I've made it easy for you to cook by specifying canned ingredients.
Prep time: 15 minutes. Cook time: 1 hour
1 can coconut milk (I like the thai variety)
2 habenaro peppers (this is HOT. Medium would be 1, mild would be a couple of jalapenos)
1" x 1/2" piece of fresh ginger
6 cloves garlic
3 teaspoons paprika powder
3 teaspoons coriander powder
2 peppercorns (black)
2 bay leaves
1 4" long stick of cinnamon
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon poppy seeds
1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
a few tablespoons of oil - I like olive oil.
2 large onions, chopped
2 lbs lamb stew meat cut into small cubes
2 cans stewed tomatoes(12-14oz cans)
1 large red bell pepper, sliced.
1) Grind all of the spices, garlic and ginger together. until you get a uniform paste. I use a little spice grinder, but a coffee grinder or a food processor will make this easy.
2) In a little oil saute the onion until tender, and then add the paste and cook another 10 minutes to release the flavors in the spices.
3) add the meat and saute for 5 minutes.
4) Add the canned tomatoes and coconut milk and simmer for about an hour, until the meat is fork-tender
5) add the bell pepper and fold in.
6) serve over rice
19 hours ago