Thursday, May 10, 2012

My favorite time of year

The last few days have been really glorious.  Blue skies and 75 degrees, the ground is drying up, so less mud and lots of really amazing grass growth.  It's this time of year that I enjoy the most. 
 I spent the day at the north property, working on the lights and outlets, and then on the fencing.  Last year this property flooded and part of the fence got damaged; a few hours of work put it right.  I walked the pasture and looked at the cows. 
 They're chest-deep in fast-growing grass; lots of food for them.  Checked the mineral block and they're all set. 
 Weaners like green stuff, too.  Got the idea of planting peas as weaner fodder from a customer.  They like it a lot. 
 My holstein wasn't impressed.  She's looking pretty good though; grass agrees with her.  Glossy coat.    Very satisfying day.  Some work with my hands, green growing things; lots of happy animals running around on fertile ground.  Doesn't get much better. 

1 comment:

becky3086 said...

Looks pretty wonderful to me too. We have had a couple on nice mornings here too meaning that it wasn't hot. We don't get cool mornings very often once the heat sets in.