Work is progressing on the barn. The concrete has cured long enough that we can continue building the structure.
The joists for the first floor are laminated beams that I've collected for the past couple of years, from building demolitions mostly, off of craigslist, or just by driving by and asking about them. 4 of them are the same size, 3 of them are different sizes. When I found a beam I'd look up how strong it was on a 19' span and if it worked out I'd pick it up.
The beams are set on solid 8x8 doug fir posts. Here's the beam at one end, spanning the opening that end. The clearance underneath the beams will allow the tractor to drive through, which is important for my operation. Anything I can do with the tractor is good.
As each beam is set into place, we're careful to check level and plumb.
Here's the next beam in place. We'll complete the placement of the beams tomorrow, and then start on the floor joists that go between them. I'm using recycled beams sizes appropriately to allow me to drive my tractor on them if I choose.