Saturday, May 18, 2013

Around the farm this week

I've been out of touch for the last week; moving things out of my old house and preparing it for sale, moving stuff into my new new house, and moving and caring for animals.  It's been busy. 

One of my tractors snapped a connecting rod...  $343 parts cost, plus an hour or so to put it back together.  My tractor mechanic skills are increasing. 
 The cows are enjoying the deep, lush grass.  They're out there chest deep in it. 
 The sheep prefer the shorter grass, but will sometimes eat the longer grass.  I'm moving them around on the areas that have been maintained as lawns to keep them trimmed down.  It's an interesting contrast with the neighboring property, who uses one of the loudest riding lawnmowers i've ever heard.  The sheep are pretty much silent, with the occasional BAAAH!




No comments: