Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Roofing score

 I was making a pickup of some supplies and spotted an agricultural building being re-roofed.  They were taking off the ag metal roof and replacing it.  I asked what they were going to do with the roofing -- scrap it -- I asked how much?   and they said $160/ton.  So I said I'd pay $320 a ton and they said DEAL. 
1500lbs of metal roofing at around 2 cents a pound.  Total was  $249.  Enough to build my new cow barn and a loafing shed.    I love recycling!

2 comments:

HB said...

Sound like $0.17 per pound to me. Still a great deal.

Unknown said...

If the material is still in good condition, that’s totally a great deal! Besides, metal is an excellent roofing material – it is highly durable, resistant to extreme weather conditions, and environmentally friendly. This kind of stuff is worthy of getting recycled and re-used. Hope you already finished your cow barn and loafing shed by now! :D

Noreen Saint